a4 cover the uk including hampshire, surey, sussex, dorset and wiltshirewe will offer a great price for your scrap carpicking up scrap vehicles anywhere in the ukcash paid for scrap cars, vans, busses and motorbikes

Frequently Asked Questions:

Who picks up the car?

All the cars will be collected by A4 Scrap Cars who will take your car to an Authorised Treatment Facility. All vehicles are collected free of charge. We will arrange a collection time when we call you.

Do you collect from anywhere in the UK?

We predominantly collect cars in a 40 mile radius from Portsmouth including Bournemouth, Guildford, Haslemere, Petersfield, Brighton etc but we will collect anywhere in the country. Please contact us to see if we can pick up from your location.

Will I need an MOT Certificate?

No! We will collect your car even if you do not have a valid MOT certificate.

Will I have to clean my car?

You do not need to clean your car. However, please ensure that all personal belongings are removed from your car and that is does not contain any household waste.

Do you accept Caravans?

No, unfortunately we do not at the moment.

Do you charge an administration fee?

No, what we quote you for is what we will pay you.

Do you accept bicycles?

No, unfortunately we do not at the moment.

Do you accept motorbikes?

We accept certain types of motorbikes. Please contact us for more information.

Do you accept vans and buses?

Yes, we do accept vans and busses.

Can I keep my number plate?

Yes, but please refer to the DVLA website for more detail and an application form. Prices start from £105 to retain the vehicle registration number for one year.

I have a question which isn't covered in this section

Please contact us. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Legal Obligation, Tax and Ownership

When we collect your car, we will issue you with a receipt and section 9 of the V5C form. All scrap cars must be issued with an official DVLA Certificate of Destruction when they reach their end of life, which we will provide you with either via post or email. These documents safeguard you from any legal obligation.

If applicable, you may wish to apply for a vehicle licence refund. For this you need to obtain a v14 form. A completed form attached with your tax disc should be sent to the DVLA in Swansea.

Any Queries?

Contact us on 07703 381 451 or Email Us